Fiduciary excellence is a function of how well investment decision makers follow prudent practices under normal and extraordinary conditions. As an Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®, Barry is qualified to perform fiduciary audits for trusts, qualified plans, endowments and foundations.
Barry is the first and sole AIFA® in the state of Arkansas. In 2003 Barry received this certification which included:
A classroom training program at the University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School.
A comprehensive exam on investment fiduciary practices as defined by the Center for Fiduciary Studies.
The Center for Fiduciary Studies is a full-time training and research facility for fiduciary standards of care and investment best practices designed for trustees and investment professionals.
The center has established global standard of excellence regarding ethical and professional requirements for financial advisors, money managers and trustee of endowments.
Under these standards, investment advisors follow a prudent investment process that:
- Helps to establish evidence that the investment advisor is following a prudent investment process.
- Serves as a practicum for all parties involved with investment decision-making.
- Potentially helps to increase each client’s long-term investment performance by identifying more appropriate procedures for: diversifying the portfolio across multiple asset classes and peer groups; evaluating investment management fees and expenses; selecting investment managers; and terminating investments managers who no longer are appropriate.
- Helps to uncover investment and procedural risks.
- Encourages the investment advisor to compare practices and procedures with those of their peers.
Financially Speaking Blog
- 11/24/2015Best Interest Imagine that you are the captain of a whaling ship in the 18th century. The financial benefits of...
- 10/16/2015We See What We Want to See Something funny happens when we make up our minds about a particular idea. We start looking...
- 09/16/2015Stock Market Behavior When Interest Rate Rise Since 1920, during the twelve months after interest rates rose, stocks rose 13 out of 16 times. The...
- 08/27/2015Can You Feel It? Notice the different reactions on the faces of people riding a roller coaster. Behavioral economists...