Fiduciary excellence is a function of how well investment decision makers follow prudent practices under normal and extraordinary conditions. As an Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®, Barry is qualified to perform fiduciary audits for trusts, qualified plans, endowments and foundations.
Barry is the first and sole AIFA® in the state of Arkansas. In 2003 Barry received this certification which included:
A classroom training program at the University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School.
A comprehensive exam on investment fiduciary practices as defined by the Center for Fiduciary Studies.
The Center for Fiduciary Studies is a full-time training and research facility for fiduciary standards of care and investment best practices designed for trustees and investment professionals.
The center has established global standard of excellence regarding ethical and professional requirements for financial advisors, money managers and trustee of endowments.
Under these standards, investment advisors follow a prudent investment process that:
- Helps to establish evidence that the investment advisor is following a prudent investment process.
- Serves as a practicum for all parties involved with investment decision-making.
- Potentially helps to increase each client’s long-term investment performance by identifying more appropriate procedures for: diversifying the portfolio across multiple asset classes and peer groups; evaluating investment management fees and expenses; selecting investment managers; and terminating investments managers who no longer are appropriate.
- Helps to uncover investment and procedural risks.
- Encourages the investment advisor to compare practices and procedures with those of their peers.
Financially Speaking Blog
- 05/10/2013Yogurt, Apples and Banana Splits The first TCBY Yogurt store I ever saw was in a shopping center on Rodney Parham Road in...
- 02/26/2013Andy Harty's Home Mortgage For some reason I am fascinated by the way things used to be in contrast to how things are today. ...
- 02/07/2013The Perils of Extrapolation Several years ago, I spoke to a group in Jonesboro on “Five Financial Mistakes Smart People...
- 12/14/2012Advisors Talking To Advisors Advisors and the Emotional Burden Carl Richards, 10/18/2011, Morningstar.com "It will...