Fiduciary excellence is a function of how well investment decision makers follow prudent practices under normal and extraordinary conditions. As an Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst®, Barry is qualified to perform fiduciary audits for trusts, qualified plans, endowments and foundations.
Barry is the first and sole AIFA® in the state of Arkansas. In 2003 Barry received this certification which included:
A classroom training program at the University of Pittsburgh Katz Graduate School.
A comprehensive exam on investment fiduciary practices as defined by the Center for Fiduciary Studies.
The Center for Fiduciary Studies is a full-time training and research facility for fiduciary standards of care and investment best practices designed for trustees and investment professionals.
The center has established global standard of excellence regarding ethical and professional requirements for financial advisors, money managers and trustee of endowments.
Under these standards, investment advisors follow a prudent investment process that:
- Helps to establish evidence that the investment advisor is following a prudent investment process.
- Serves as a practicum for all parties involved with investment decision-making.
- Potentially helps to increase each client’s long-term investment performance by identifying more appropriate procedures for: diversifying the portfolio across multiple asset classes and peer groups; evaluating investment management fees and expenses; selecting investment managers; and terminating investments managers who no longer are appropriate.
- Helps to uncover investment and procedural risks.
- Encourages the investment advisor to compare practices and procedures with those of their peers.
Financially Speaking Blog
- 07/14/2014The Amazing Rise of the Oil Phoenix On Wednesday, June 25, 2014, The Wall St. Journal reported that the way had been cleared for the first...
- 06/09/2014Financial Somebody In recent weeks, I have spent several hours of drive time traveling to conferences in Dallas and Nashville. ...
- 05/09/201451 Recent tensions between Russia and Ukraine have once again brought fears of a market calamity to investors....
- 03/17/2014Headwinds Several years ago the Boston Globe invited me to make a presentation at an annual public event. ...